We've been making improvements to AppFurnace's interface and code base for version 3.2 – here's an outline of the recent changes:
- Upgraded Toolbar and Removed 'App Details' page – making the entire app making process smoother (read more here)
- Moved all app editing functions (e.g. Editing Name, Icon, Description) into the Toolkit – so you can edit everything about your app in one place
- New GPS Control added in the App Edit window – allowing you to turn off GPS for your non-location-based apps, which stops your AppFurnace apps asking for a user's location on start-up
- New App Size Estimation interface in the Files tab – including clearer guidelines for how large apps can, and can't, be to be released on different platforms.
- Bug which caused scrolling to fail in Twitter & Scroll areas under some circumstances fixed.
- AJAX JSONP calls would never call onError even if they failed – causing some AJAX calls (including the Twitter widget) to fail occasionally
- NOTE: You should no longer call $.ajaxJSONP for JSONP requests. Instead you should call $.getJSON with "callback=?" in the query string.
- Icon upload rejects incorrect file types and file handling process improved